Games & Rules
20K Cycling Road Race
Road Race is an individual age category competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
- Each participant will ride a 20K Road Race.
- The road race will be a mass start at approximately 10 minute intervals by age division and gender with combinations when needed.
- Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- No restarts are permitted.
- If in doubt of your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
- Mechanical failure – The rider must remove his/her bicycle from the course as quickly as possible.
- Awards will be given to first, second, and third place in each age division.
- In case of a tie, duplicate medals will be awarded.
- Winners will be awarded and receive in each age category below the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- Participants must provide their own bicycle and protective helmet. The helmet is mandatory and must conform to USCF regulations.
- Multi-gear “free wheel” bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and recumbent bicycles WILL NOT BE permitted. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
- There may be no protective shield, faring or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to the frame, wheels, handlebars, chain wheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USCF.
U.S. Cycling Federation Rules will prevail. Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.