Games & Rules
Basketball – Hot Shot
Basketball Hot Shot is an individual age competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
Each participant will be allowed two rounds, one-minute each round, to make as many baskets as possible from any of the five designated spots. The competition will start under the basket in a lay-up shot.
- Tennis shoes are needed for this event.
- There will be a referee at each basket.
- The basket will be 10 feet high.
- Participants must rebound their own shots.
- Consecutive shots are not allowed from the lay-up spot. Once a lay-up is made, the shooter must move to an area of a different point value and attempt a shot before trying for another lay-up. If a player fails to move to a different spot after a successful lay-up, all successive lay-ups attempted and made will not count until the player moves to and attempts from another point value/area.
- Consecutive shots are allowed from any spot except the lay-up spot.
- Each basket is worth one to five points depending on the spot from which it is taken:
- Men: Lay-up (one point); 15′ shots (three points); 18′ shots (four points); 20′ shots (five points).
- Women: Lay-up (one point); 12′ shots (three points); 15′ shots (four points); 17′ shots (five points).
- A bonus of 15 points will be awarded if a shooter attempts a shot from each one of the designated spots during a round. This bonus is awarded only once per one-minute round.
- The best single round score will determine the final score. In case of a tie, the best second round score will determine the winner.
- The three highest scores in each age category below will receive the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- Basketballs will be furnished, however, participants may use any basketball with the approval of game officials.
- The field will consist of a standard basketball goal.
Official National Basketball rules prevail. Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.