Games & Rules
Basketball -Three Point Shot
Basketball Three Point Shot is an individual age competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
Each participant will shoot six shots from five different locations. The five spots will be marked and the shooter must use all five of the marked spots. The sixth shot may be taken from any one of the five spots. A total of 18 points is possible at three points for each basket made.
- Tennis shoes are needed for this event.
- There will be a referee at each basket.
- The basket will be 10 feet high.
- Referee will call two people out at a time. One will shoot and one will be the rebounder.
- At the start of each competition, participants are allowed two practice shots. If one of those is made, the participant has the option of starting with that shot.
- Each participant will shoot six shots from the three-point line (Men: Collegiate distance line/ Women: 15 foot line) and will earn three points for each basket made.
- Five spots will be marked and the shooter must use all five of the marked spots.
- The sixth shot may be taken from any one of the five marked spots.
- A total of 18 points is possible.
- Ties will be broken by another shot at any location until one person prevails.
- The three highest scores in each age category below will receive the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- Basketballs will be furnished; however, participants may use any basketball with the approval of game officials.
- The field will consist of a standard basketball goal.
Official National Basketball rules prevail. Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.