Games & Rules
Casting – Accuracy
Casting is an individual age category competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
- Each participant will cast a total of 10 times at various targets earning points. 2. No practice or warm-up will be allowed.
- Each participant will cast 10 times at three clusters of three targets each with points being awarded as follows:
- 30 feet – two points
- 50 feet – five points
- 40 feet – three points
- Targets (clusters) to be located at distances of 30, 40, and 50 feet and will be arranged in a semi-circle.
- Participants with the highest score win.
- In the event of a tie, the participants will cast two times and the highest score will determine the winner.
- Winners will be awarded and receive in each age category below the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- A 3/8 oz. plug will be used.
- The use of any plug other than those furnished by the Golden Games
Committee will not be allowed.
- Participants may use their own rod and reel in this event.
- Rods and reels will be available and furnished by the Golden Games Committee for those persons wishing to participate but have no equipment.
Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.