Games & Rules
Discus is an individual age competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
Each contestant will be allowed three throws. Competition is based on distance.
- The field will be a marked sector with a seven foot diameter circle or toe board.
- Throws must be made from within the painted circle or toe board.
- The distance of each throw will be measured to the nearest 1/4 inch from the front end of the painted circle or toe board to where the discus lands.
- If during a throw a contestant steps on or over the painted circle, the throw will be declared a foul and shall not be measured, It will count as one of the competitor’s three throws.
- In the event of a tie, the higher place shall be awarded to the contestant whose second best throw is better than the second best throw of any other competitor tied for that place.
- Competitors with the greatest scoring distance in each age category below will receive the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
The use of any discus other than those furnished by the Golden Games Committee will not be allowed. The Discus weights to be used are as follows:
- Men: 50 – 59 1.6K
- Women: All age groups 1.0K 60+ 1.0K
Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.