Games & Rules
Football Throw is an individual age competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
Each participant will be allowed three throws. Competition is based on distance and accuracy.
- The field will consist of a scratch line and center line. The center line will run the length of the field perpendicular from the scratch line.
- The order of throwing will be drawn prior to the meet. Each contestant will throw three times in succession.
- Throws must be made from behind the scratch line.
- The distance of each throw will be measured along the center line from the scratch line to the first point of impact of the football.
- The distance the football lands from the center line will be subtracted from the center line measurement to determine the scoring distance.
- If during a throw, a contestant steps on or over the scratch line, the throw shall be declared a scratch and will not be measured. It will count as one of the competitor’s three throws.
- In the event of a tie, the higher place will be awarded to the participant whose second best throw is better than the second best throw of any other competitor tied for that place.
- Participants with the greatest scoring distances in each age category below will receive the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- A high school football will be used for the men’s competition and a junior football will be used for the women’s competition.
- Footballs will be supplied.
Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.