Games & Rules
Running Long Jump is an individual age competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
Each contestant will be allowed three jumps. Competition is based on distance.
- Jumpers may begin their running long jump from any distance from the scratch line.
- The order of jumping will be drawn prior to the event.
- Each participant will take one jump at a time in the order of jumping.
- The order of jumping will be followed until each competitor has taken three jumps.
- Each legal jump will be measured from the point on the ground touched by the person or apparel of the jumper which is nearest to the scratch line. All legal jumps will be measured from this defined landing point back to the scratch line.
- If the jumper’s shoe extends over the scratch line, the jump shall not be measured, but shall count as a jump.
- In the event of a tie, the higher place shall be awarded to the competitor whose second best jump is better than the second best jump of any other competitor tied for that place.
- Competitors with the three longest jump distances in each age category below will receive the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- Only 1/4 inch spikes or non-studded running shoes may be worn by participants.
- The jumping pits will be filled with sand.
Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.