Games & Rules
Softball Throw is an individual age category competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
Each contestant will be allowed three throws. Competition is based on distance and accuracy.
- The field will consist of a scratch line and center line. The center line will run the length of the field perpendicular from the scratch line.
- The order of throwing shall be drawn prior to the meet. Each contestant will throw three times in succession.
- Throws must be made from behind the scratch line.
- Throws may be underhanded or overhanded.
- The distance of each throw will be measured along the center line from the scratch line to the first point of impact of the softball.
- The distance the softball lands from the center line will be subtracted from the center line measurement to determine the scoring distance.
- If during a throw, a competitor steps on or over the scratch line, the throw shall be declared a scratch and shall not be measured, but, shall count as one of the competitor’s three throws.
- In the event of a tie, the higher place shall be awarded to the competitor whose second best throw is better than the second best throw of any other competitor tied for that place.
- Contestants with the greatest scoring distances in each age category below will receive the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- Regulation ASA approved softballs for men and women will be furnished.
- Use of any softball other than those furnished by the Golden Games Committee will not be allowed.
Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.