Games & Rules
Volleyball – Co-Ed (50+ or 58+)
Volleyball is age category competition and is divided into men, women and coed divisions.
The Event Coordinator will schedule the type tournament based on team entries.
1. In general, USAV rules will prevail with certain exceptions.
2. Team roster is limited to 10 players.
3. A team must have five players present to start a game, otherwise, the game is forfeited.
A 10 minute grace period will be allowed to assemble a minimum of five players.
4. During Coed play, the number of female players on the court can never be less than the
number of male players. If a female player is injured and cannot continue, either another
female must replace the injured player or the team has to also remove a male player from
the game and continue the match with only four players. Playing with three female and
two male players is permitted.
5. During Coed play, the USAV rule requiring a female player to contact the ball during
rallies with multiple contacts on one side and the USAV rule allowing a male player to
come from the back row to block will not be used in this tournament.
6. Teams have the option to either use the USAV rules for substitutions or rotate extra
players into the game. Once either method is started, the team must continue that method
throughout the match.
7. Numbered uniforms are not required.
8. Men and women playing the Men and Women’s tournaments may also play in the Coed
- First, second and third place will be determined by type of tournament scheduled.
- Winning team members will be awarded the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- Volleyball courts and balls meet USA Volleyball rules.
- Net height to be 7′ 9-7/8″ for men and coed competition and 7′ 2-1/8” for women competition.
Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.