Games & Rules
Volleyball – Men (-60)
Volleyball is age category competition and is divided into men, women and coed divisions.
The Event Coordinator will schedule the type tournament based on team entries.
- Rules of USAV will prevail.
- Team roster is limited to 15 players.
- A team must have five players present to start a game, otherwise the game is forfeited. A 10 minute grace period will be allowed to assemble a minimum of five players.
- A total of six players maximum on the court at a time. In coed play there must be a minimum of three women on the court at all times. Women and men alternate positions on the court for coed play.
- In coed play, when the ball is played more than once by a team, a female player must make at least one of the contacts; but there is no restriction preventing all three team hits from being made by female players.
- Rotation order is determined by the team’s starting line-up, and controlled with the service order, and players positions, throughout the set.
- A substitute may enter a game three times. Each entry must be to the same position in the line-up.
- Shirts must be numbered on both front and back.
- Men or women playing the power skill volleyball tournament will be allowed to play in the coed tournament.
- First, second and third place will be determined by type of tournament scheduled.
- Winning team members will be awarded the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
- Volleyball courts and balls meet USA Volleyball rules.
- Net height to be 8′ for men and coed competition and 7′ 2-1/8” for women competition.
Any circumstances not covered in these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.