Games & Rules
Washer Toss is an individual age category competition which is divided into both men and women divisions.
A competitive sport to accumulate points by tossing four flat washers into a target box 15 feet from the throw line.
- Targets are placed 15 feet apart.
- Play begins with a coin toss. Player who wins the coin toss begins play by tossing underhand each of the four colored washers at the target while standing beside the near target. The other players do the same until all are finished. Winner of coin toss has choice of color of washer (gold or silver).
- Players then go to target and record their score on the official score card as follows:
- Each washer in the box scores one point.
- Each washer in the cup scores three points.
- ALL WASHERS in the cup or box count towards score.Examples:
Player one has two washers in the box = two points.
Player two has one washer in the box and one in the cup = four points.
- High score begins the next round.
- Play continues until each player has thrown 24 washers (three round trips between boxes).
- No washer shall count towards score if it hits the ground and bounces in.
- Any washer that lands on the rim and has not bounced on the ground, does not count towards score UNLESS it gets knocked in by another washer.
- The participants with the highest scores will be winners for medals.
- In case of a tie, each player will pitch one washer. If both players miss the box, the closest washer to the box wins. If one washer goes in the box and bounces out and the other player misses the box, the player whose washer bounced out wins. If both players hit in the box and bounce out, the closest to the box wins. If both pitch in the box, then they will throw another washer each.
- Winners will be awarded and receive in each age category below the gold, silver, and bronze medals.
Target boxes and washers will be supplied by the Golden Games Committee.
Any circumstances not covered by these rules will be ruled upon by the Event Coordinator.